Tiffany & Co. has been touching lives since 1837 specifically of women from all over the globe. I did not say, just women as eventually men pay for the extravagant rings purchased from Tiffany’s when popping the question 😉 or for other memorable occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. Quiet a dent on the pocket but perfect recipe for a happily ever after 🙂
A name synonymous to luxury, premium jewellery, elegant style and distinct taste – Tiffany’s is world-famous for its diamonds and are the apple of every woman’s eye.
Be it Marilyn Monroe singing ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend’ where Tiffany’s is mentioned or Audrey Hepburn portraying a socialite with zest for fashion and parties in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ – the brand in itself has a solid standing and recognition in the world of glamour, fashion and movies.
More recently, Tiffany’s has been mentioned in a vast variety of movies,TV shows and books. Some of them include:
- Sleepless in Seattle (1993), a long scene takes place first outside, then inside Tiffany & Co. showing Meg Ryan and Bill Pullman’s characters
- Legally Blonde (2001) and Legally Blonde 2 (2003), the protagonist Elle Woods played by Reese Witherspoon dons a heart necklace from Tiffany’s.
- Summer at Tiffany , a 2007 memoir by Marjorie Hart, lists her experiences as one of the first two female floor employees at Tiffany during the summer of 1945. The book is full of Hart’s interactions with celebrities of the time.
- Glee (TV show) , (2011), Rachel and Kurt are seen having breakfast in front of Tiffany & Co.
- Gossip Girl (TV show), one of the main characters, Blair Woldorf, is a fan of Audrey Hepburn movies. Various references are made to the brand and the flamboyance that comes with it.
I recently purchased my first ever Tiffany’s jewellery! It is a silver bracelet which is inspired by a design from 1969, this celebrated collection bears an inscription that reminds one that there’s no place like Tiffany. There is a mini tag in sterling silver on a bead bracelet. 7″ long. My current love!!!
Have a look below xxx