Valentine’s day is around the corner. Over the years, it has shaped into one of the most commercialized days of the year, much further away, from its essence of being the most romantic one.Whether you are a single or a couple, V- Day has something to offer for everyone. Love truly is in the air…ALL AROUND US!
I’ve just seen a face, I can’t forget the time or place Where we just met, she’s just the girl for me And I want all the world to see we’ve met Mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm mmm mmm Roses, chocolates, sexy lingerie, meals in fancy restaurants and of course tastefully selected presents for him & her are part of this splendid celebration on the 14th of February. I can vouch for the fact that retailers have never been happier. Perhaps the biggest shopping spree after Xmas What to wear? Her - Women all around the globe have a mutual problem. We all have stuffed wadrobes but we still have days where we can’t figure out what to wear. First World Problem, indeed! Please below Cheeni’s picks for this V-Day
1. Lucky to be a lady dress from Modcloth.com, $75 2. ASOS Sequin Tunic With Heart-Cutout Back from asos.com, $106 3. Daisy Beed Tee from Topshop, $72 4. Coast Silver Embellished Cami Dress, $291 5. Ditsy-hearted Monchrome Shoes from Topshop, $91 6. Gipsy Heart Print Tights, $10
Him: We definitely cannot ignore Men’s styling here. Please see below some of my favorite looks & accessories for this season.
1. Burberry Brit Dark Charcoal Icon Check Cashmere Scarf, £250 2. Paul Smith Shoes Chocolate Burnished Leather Chuck Brogues, £256 FOOD – Where to go? Please see below my personally selected restaurants for a fabulous valentines date experience…
1. Clos Maggiore - Covent Garden Being voted as the ‘Most Romantic Restaurant’ in London is not just the only feather under this Clos Maggiore’s belt. It is extremely popular with couples owing to its magnificent interior: fairy lights, mirrored walls, candles and white blossoms beautifully draped around the ceiling. As per reports, they are working on a Valentines special menu with dishes such as foie gras parfait, slow cooked veal and artisan cheeses. Yum Yum Yum!
2. One Leicester Street - Leicester Square Dinner and breakfast at One Leicester Street is another great idea! Comprising of drinks on arrival, dinner cooked by Michelin-starred chef Tom Harris, a night’s stay for two at the hotel, followed by one of their legendary breakfasts while all relaxed and cosy in bed the next morning. Price: £298 per couple
3. Hakkasan - Tottenham Court Road It is known as one of the best Chinese/dim sum eateries in London town. Being founded by the same person as Wagamama. Specialties include lychee martinis, crispy duck salad and silver cod. It is not very ‘budget-friendly’ place but will definitely get you a pat on your back!
Gifts for Her: Here are my top picks based on my understanding of the female gender
- Personalized photo book – There is NO better way to depict your love than to put some lovely memories together and present it to her! (brownie points guaranteed!:) )
- Weekend Gateway – book yourself an escape from the usual location and relax in each other’s company!
- Hand Bags, Jewelry & Pjs – You’ve got to know her style and taste to get into this territory or it could be risky. If you are confident about what she likes or perhaps would like then…GO FOR IT!
- Flowers – Nothing speak your heart out more than a bundle of red roses
Gifts for Him: Please see below my top picks based on my years of observation of MEN
- Ties, Cuff links, Shoes etc…
A hot grey tie or metallic cufflinks are a win win! Can also look into wallets and socks if want a bit of diversity…
2. Techno Stuff
Most guys are crazy about gadgets. Depending upon your budget, you can always explore this option. So if he is into Bluetooth Beenie,Sci Fi Watches, Touch Speak Boom Box, Underwater Camera etc then this is the best option for him.Red5 offer some great variety. URL: http://www.red5.co.uk/gadgets.aspx
This was all the LOVE from Cheeni for now, spread the L.O.V.E till we meet again…